The homemade banana facial masks are good for every skin type. The moisturizing power of the bananas has long been known to womankind in the regions where the fruit originates. Bananas moisturize dry skin, absorbs the oils from the oily type skin, regenerates the cells for older skin and refreshes normal skin. All those functions of the delicious tropical fruit are due to the richness of potassium and magnesium, and vitamins A, B 6, B 12, C and F. Note that for facial masks it is best to use ripe but not overripe bananas because they lose some of their cosmetic properties as they age.
- The Simplest Banana Mask is taking a piece of banana and rubbing it to your face and neck, avoiding the area around the eyes. Stay with the banana for 10-15 minutes and rince your face.
- Cleansing Banana Mask can be prepared by mashing one banana until smooth and adding 1 tablespoon of milk or cream. Keep the mask on your face and neck for about 20 minutes.
- Banana Mask for Oily Skin can be prepared by mixing one mashed banana with one tablespoon honey. Add a few drops of lemon or orange essential oil (you can buy it here) or some lemon juice. Keep on the face for 20 minutes and rince off with cool water.
- Honey Banana Mask is good for dry skin. Mash two bananas with one tablespoon organic honey. Keep on the face for 10-15 minutes.
- Regenerating Banana Mask can be made by mashing half a banana and adding to it one tablespoon plain live yogurt, five drops lemon juice and one teaspoon olive oil. Keep on your face and neck for 20-30 minutes, then rince with cool water.
All those recipes are very easy to do and contain only ingredients everyone has in their fridge. So go ahead, try and see how good simple natural cosmetics can be for your skin.
Note: If you have allergies to any of the mentioned foods above, the natural masks can cause irritation.