7 Homemade Facial Masks for Acne 11/29/11
Acne is one of the most annoying problems a young person has to face. The painful pimples, oily skin, blackheads and huge pores can affect not only the sufferer’s nerves but also his self esteem. There are, however, some cheap and effective ways to heal or lessen the effect of this major annoyance. Homemade facial masks, for example, are a very easy way to improve your skin and boost your self-assurance. Here is a small collection of natural masks especially good for acne.
- Green Tea Face Mask. Green tea has wonderful healing power over acne. To make the mask, boil some water and add 5 packages of green tea. When the water cools until 37 degrees, add 5 packages ginger. During the next 20 minutes, dip your face in the liquid for as long as you can. You might perceive the mask as burning and nipping. After the 20 minutes, wash your face with cool water.
- Carrot Mask for Pimples.Grate 2 middle-sized carrots. Mix them with 1 egg yolk. Use the mask on a clean face and keep it for 20 minutes. Remove it using a cotton pad impregnated with rose oil.
- Calming Lotion for Irritated Skin. Mix a cup of green or black tea with the juice of 1 lemon. Cool the liquid and apply on the face occasionally.
- Blackheads Killer. Grind 5-6 Aspirin pills and add a few drops or rose water. Apply on the face and keep until the mask is dry. Remove it by hand and wash off the rest.
- Lemon Mask Against Oily Skin. This mask also shrinks the pores. To make it mix together equal parts of lemon juice, honey and clay. Apply on the face and rinse after 20 minutes.
- Cleansing Banana Mask. Mash one ripe banana and mix with a teaspoon of cream or milk. Apply on the face and wash off after 20 minutes.
- Pore-Shrinking Ice Mask. Add some mint, parsley, camomile tea or cucumber juice in water. Freeze in ice-cube forms. For a fast mask, take an ice-cubed mask and rub in your face until the ice melts.
For even more natural homemade face masks, you can also check our Homemade Acne Masks article here.
To avoid allergic reactions, please consult with your physician before trying any facial masks mentioned above.